Latest updates: former prime minister faces questioning by two committees; Boris Johnson suggests government is considering a range of measures to deal with Covid variant first discovered in India
- EU citizens arriving in UK being locked up and expelled
- India variant may delay lifting of England restrictions, minister admits
- NHS to receive £160m to tackle backlog of care built up during Covid
- Councils could have to issue up to 3.5m ID cards for voters under new bill
- Top Bank of England economist warns of 1970s-style price inflation
- Coronavirus – latest updates
Ali says, having listened to Cameron’s evidence, people will be alarmed by the way Cameron allowed himself to be used, bringing the office of former PM into disrepute. He should have been much more careful about due diligence, she says.
Cameron says that he takes “a different view”. He worked for the company because he thought it had a good product, and he did due due diligence, he says.
Did You See This CB Softwares?
37 SOFTWARE TOOLS... FOR $27!?Join Affiliate Bots Right Away
From the BBC’s business editor Simon Jack
Cameron very keen to stress repeatedly that he made no lending or risk decisions – essentially saying I was there to knock on doors. His due diligence on what he was selling seems to have been largely satisfied by the decision of General Atlantic to invest in Greensill.