- You can copy and paste text on a PS4 when you’re in any appropriate text boxes.
- Your PS4 controller can function like a mouse and keyboard in text boxes — or you can connect a separate mouse and keyboard to type more smoothly.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The PlayStation 4 is not only a gaming console, but it also offers a social feature allowing you to communicate with your online friends through text chat.
While a controller is not as convenient to use when texting like a touchscreen or even a keyboard, Sony has programmed the DualShock 4 controller to function somewhat like a mouse and keyboard or touchscreen, allowing users to copy and paste their text into a text box.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to copy and paste on a PS4
1. Boot up your PS4 gaming console.
2. Open up something on the console that uses text, then place the cursor at the start of the text you want to copy, and then press the Options button (…) on the text box under the Space bar.
Did You See This CB Softwares?
37 SOFTWARE TOOLS... FOR $27!?Join Affiliate Bots Right Away
3. Choose “Select” or “Select All.” If you choose “Select,” the next step you will need to do is move the cursor to the end of the text you want to copy, and then press the cross (X) button on your DualShock 4 controller.
4. Then select “Copy.”
5. Click on the “Options” (….) again in the text box then select “Paste” to move the text you copied.
6. Select “Paste” and the text you copied should appear in the text box.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech: