- You can change your Steam language after you install the gaming service’s application on your computer or mobile device.
- If you change the language you use on Steam, various features will be displayed in the corresponding language.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to change the language on Steam using your computer
1. Launch the Steam application and log into your Steam account.
2. Once the Steam application has launched, click on “Steam” and a drop-down menu will appear.
3. Then head to “Settings,” or if you own a Mac, click “Preferences.”
4. Next, head over and click “Interface.”
5. Once the drop-down menu has appeared, select the language you wish to use.
Did You See This CB Softwares?
37 SOFTWARE TOOLS... FOR $27!?Join Affiliate Bots Right Away
6. Once you confirm the language click “OK,” which is found on the bottom-right hand side of the page. Steam will require you to restart the application in order for the new language to be applied to the Steam client.
7. Once you restart the Steam application, you will be able to use the new language on Steam.
How to change the language on Steam using your mobile device
1. Launch the Steam app on your Android or iPhone, or download the app. Then, login to your Steam account.
2. Click on the menu button and a sidebar will appear, click on “Account Details.”
3. Once you are in the “Account Details,” click on “Language Preferences” and choose which language you want to use.
Once you finish all those steps, you officially can use the new language on Steam. However, if you have games installed, you may need to download separate files for a language (if available) before you can play in that specific language.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech: