By: Nolan King |
October 25, 2019 9:46 pm
UNCASVILLE, Conn. – Jake Hager plays the role of the bad guy on TNT’s popular “All Elite Wrestling” series, and his real fight on Friday night only served to enhance his heel status.
At Bellator 231, Hager (2-0 MMA, 2-0 BMMA) faced off with his most experienced opponent to date Anthony Garrett (4-2 MMA, 0-0 BMMA).
The fight was halted at 1:56 of the first round and declared a no contest after back-to-back low blows by Hager.
After absorbing the highest volume of punches in his career in the opening minute, Hager landed a low blow knee in the clinch on Garrett. Referee Dan Miragliotta called timeout and gave Garrett appropriate time to recuperate.
Eventually, Garrett gave the thumbs up and the fight resumed. Hager stuffed a takedown attempt from Garrett and turned him up against the cage. From there, Hager landed a huge knee right between Garrett’s legs.
Did You See This CB Softwares?
37 SOFTWARE TOOLS... FOR $27!?Join Affiliate Bots Right Away
Another timeout was called, as the crumpled Garrett crashed to the canvas. Stoic and expressionless, Hager jogged back to his corner. The doctors were brought in to assess the situation, as a pool of blood formed around the face of Garrett.
Shortly thereafter, the ringside physicians deemed Garrett unable to continue. The bout was waved off, much to the disdain of the Mohegan Sun Casino crowd.
Miragliotta deemed the knee unintentional and thus the bout was declared a no contest, rather than a disqualification
The heavyweight bout opened up the Bellator 231 main card at Mohegan Sun Arena. The main card aired on Paramount and streamed on DAZN following prelims on MMA Junkie.
Up-to-the-minute Bellator 231 results include:
- Jake Hager vs. Anthony Garrett ends in no contest due to an unintentional low blow by Hager – Round 1, 1:56
- Phumi Nkuta def Adrian Haley via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-26, 30-26)
- Connor Dixon def. Orkhan Ismatzade via submission (kimura) – Round 1, 0:42
- Killys Mota def. Mandel Nallo via TKO (injury) – Round 3, 1:16
- Jessy Miele def. Talita Nogueira via split decision (30-27, 28-29, 30-27)
- Steve Mowry def. Gokhan Saricam via submission (kimura) – Round 2, 0:56
- Dalton Rosta def. Claude Wilcox via TKO (ground-and-pound) – Round 2, 4:23
- Tim Caron def. Lucas Pimenta Borges via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Jon Manley def. Thiago Oliveira via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Elise Reed def. Rebecca Bryggman via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 4:48