- Donald Trump Jr. got into an on-camera argument with “The View” host Sunny Hostin on Thursday.
- Hostin accused the president’s son of committing a federal crime by retweeting the alleged name of the whistleblower who kicked off the impeachment inquiry against President Trump.
- A day after the episode aired, the two continued sparring on Twitter.
- The fight seemingly ended with a retort from Trump Jr., who asked Hostin what it was like to “draw a paycheck from a network” that “protected pedophile-rapist” Jeffrey Epstein.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Donald Trump Jr. faced a barrage of criticism on Thursday when he appeared on ABC’s “The View” alongside his girlfriend, Kimberly Guilfoyle. Host Meghan McCain told him he had “put lot of people through a lot of pain” and host Whoopi Goldberg engaged in a brief shouting match with him on camera.
But perhaps the most tense exchange took place between Trump Jr. and host Sunny Hostin, who accused the president’s son of committing a federal crime. A day earlier, Trump Jr. had retweeted the alleged name of the whistleblower whose complaint led to the impeachment inquiry against President Trump.
“Did you advise your boyfriend that it is a federal crime to out a whistleblower?” Hostin, a former federal prosecutor, asked Guilfoyle.
“It’s only a federal crime for the [Inspector General] to do it,” Trump Jr. responded. ‘That’s a lie.”
After the cameras stopped rolling, the feud moved over to Twitter.
“Not sure where The View’s @Sunny got her law degree from, but she should think about asking for a refund,” Trump Jr. tweeted on Friday.
Hostin fired back: “Did you also think what you did at the Trump Foundation was legal?” She included a link to an ABC article that reported that President Trump was ordered to pay $2 million for using foundation money to promote his presidential campaign and pay off business debts.
The fight seemingly ended with a retort from Trump Jr.: “What’s it like to draw a paycheck from a network that not only protected pedophile-rapist Jeffery [sic] Epstein, but then retaliated against the courageous female whistleblower by pressuring CBS to fire her?”
Earlier in the week, a leaked video showed an ABC news anchor claiming that the network “quashed” her interview with Virginia Roberts Giuffre. Giuffre accused Jeffrey Epstein, the late American financier and convicted sex offender, of sexually trafficking her. The former ABC staffer who reportedly leaked the video had since moved on to CBS News. The staffer was reportedly fired on Thursday after ABC shared her name with CBS.
Hostin has yet to respond to Trump Jr.’s latest call-out on Twitter.
Did You See This CB Softwares?
37 SOFTWARE TOOLS... FOR $27!?Join Affiliate Bots Right Away
- Read more:
- Whoopi Goldberg reportedly scolded ‘The View’ audience for booing when they got too rowdy during Donald Trump Jr.’s appearance
- Donald Trump Jr.’s wild interview on ‘The View’ went off the rails while he tweeted attacks on the show’s hosts
- Whoopi Goldberg cuts to commercial after getting into a heated exchange with Meghan McCain for cutting people off on ‘The View’
- Pamela Anderson and Meghan McCain clashed over whether Julian Assange is ‘a cyberterrorist’ on ‘The View’